From part time to full time mom!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

I have really fond memories of my grandmother taking my brother and I to feed the ducks.  I loved going as a child and thought that I would start this tradition with my children.  I pictured this serene day at the park leisurely throwing bread to the calm, sweet ducks.  Boy was I wrong!  There were about 40 HUGE, HUNGRY ducks/geese that almost chased us down from the moment we pulled up!!!  I only brought 4 slices of bread which were gone in about 2 seconds.  The kids were screaming, the ducks were staring us down about 2 inches from our faces...so nice and relaxing!!  You can see from below that once they figured out we didnt have any more bread, they did finally back off a bit!  Also...the white one below was STARING Wyatt down....so funny!





1 comment:

  1. we should get together to let the kids play - I'm kind of doing a playdate once a week - On thursday the 27th I'm going to take them to frontier park in prosper at 10 am - I did the ducks last week, I know now to bring almost a whole loaf LOL

    ReplyDelete